The fact that your customer service agents are critical for customer retention, cannot be undermined. It is important to make customer service the top priority at your organization. Successful firms outsource call centers as they help attract and retain customers through years of experience.
The following stats show why a customer service call center is important:
- According to a survey conducted by Forrester, 42% service agents cannot resolve customer issues efficiently due to multiple applications, archaic user interfaces and disconnected systems. On the other hand, outsourced call centers have the latest technology required to deal with customers’ issues efficiently.
- According to Forrester, 45% US consumers tend to abandon their online transaction in case their concerns or questions are not addressed fast enough.
- According to White House Office of Consumer Affairs, it is six to seven times costlier to attract new customers than to retain existing ones.
- Customers are two times more likely to share bad customer service experience than the positive experiences.
- According to the RightNow Customer Experience Impact Report, 89% consumers stop doing business with an organization after experiencing bad customer service.
- The 2012 Global Customer Service Barometer revealed that 26% consumer are transferred from agent-to-agent without resolving their problems.
- According to a survey, customers are four times more likely to purchase from a competitor after facing service-related problems as compared to product- or price-related problems.
- 33% consumers tend to recommend brands that provide a quick response even if it is ineffective.
- However, 17% consumers recommend brands that provide slow, but effective solutions.
- According to Parature, it takes twelve positive experiences to make up for a single negative customer experience.
- According to eConsultancy, 61% customers prefer assistance over phone, 60% over email, 57% over live chat, 51% over online knowledge base, and 34% over click-to-call support automation.
- According to the CRM magazine, 45% companies offering mobile or web self-service reported a reduction in phone enquiries and a rise in site traffic.
- According to a survey conducted by Peppers and Rogers group, 81% companies motivate their employees to treat customers more fairly, while 65% supply effective tools, as well as training in order to gain the trust of their customers.
- 70% buying experiences are based on customers’ treatment perceptions.
- According to Defaqto Research, 55% consumers tend to pay more for better customer experiences.
- According to eConsultancy, 83% consumers require some level of customer support during online purchases.
- According to Accenture Maximizing Customer Retention Report, customer churn is associated with poor customer service quality.
- According to Bain & Co, a ten percent increase in customer retention level results in increasing the value of the company up to thirty percent.
These stats demonstrate how important it is to invest in customer service. In order to improve an organization’s customer service solutions, one should consider to outsource call centers as they are specialized in providing effective customer service and ensuring customer retention.